Bring these forms
After you have been selected as a delegate, print and complete these forms, and bring them with you to Longwood University in June.
- Consent & Waiver Form
- Medical History Form (with copy of insurance card)
- Medication Information
- Medical Care Consent Form
- Pledge Form
- VGS Social Media Policy
- ALA Girls Nation Documentation Form
Bring two canned foods for Farmville Food Pantry
Bring $2-5 for taxes
DO NOT pack your belongings with others from your high school, hometown or family
Bring these clothing and personal items
- Six days’ worth of clothing: This may include slacks, khaki pants, capris, and knee-length walking shorts or skirts. Tops may include professional blouses or polo shirts. You will also need two professional outfits such as summer-weight pants suits, jacket and skirt combinations, or dresses which cover the shoulders, and low-heeled dress shoes. At least one of your outfits should be entirely black in color. Yoga pants and leggings may only be worn beneath a top, skirt or dress of appropriate length. Strapless or revealing tops, jeans, spandex shorts, short shorts or clothing with printed messages will NOT be permitted. Appropriate length for all shorts, skirts and dresses will be strictly enforced. You may be asked to change if an outfit is not compliant.
- You will receive one American Legion Auxiliary Virginia Girls State tee-shirt that may be worn during assemblies and regular meetings. Additional ALA VGS tee-shirts will be available for purchase.
- Shoes: Comfortable walking shoes, sandals, flats or tennis shoes are required. You will be walking across campus multiple times a day so be sure to bring comfortable shoes that will not cause blisters.
- Casual clothing: On the city floor (the group of dorm rooms that constitutes your city) casual clothing is appropriate.
- Other items to bring
- Sweater or jacket for cool, air‐conditioned meeting rooms and/or rain gear.
- Musical instrument(s) — if you plan to join the band, send the Director an email with the name of the instrument you play.
- Talent show music, props and costumes if you plan to try out (pianos are available).
- Sleepwear, toiletries and other personal items.
- Shampoo and conditioner.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Towels (bath towel, hand towel, face cloth, paper towels).
- Flip‐flops for the showers.
- Bedding (twin‐sized extra‐long XL sheets, a warm blanket or comforter) or sleeping bag and a pillow.
- Small trash bags for personal use.
- Necessary medication prescribed by your physician or over‐the‐counter medication you may need (i.e. Advil®, Tylenol®, Band-Aids®).
- Alarm clock.
- Art supplies – these supplies are used for decorating your room’s door and making city and campaign signs, but no pre-made campaign materials are allowed.
- Money to pay city and state taxes (learn more about taxes at Virginia Girls State) and to purchase Virginia Girls State memorabilia and other items at the Virginia Girls State Store. Credit cards are accepted at the store for purchases over $3.00.
- Pens, pencils and notebook paper.
- Tote bag to carry personal items across campus.
- Sunglasses, sunhat and umbrella.
What NOT to Bring
- glitter glue
- expensive clothing or jewelry
- clothing that would not be permitted in school